Saturday, March 7, 2009

6 Things That Make Me Happy

Elisabeth Abarbanel over at the very cool Archipelago blog and one of my new online independent school librarian friends (she got me going on Libguides, which seems to have replaced the pathfinder and possibly the library website completely, very very cool) tagged me in a meme called Things That Make Me Happy. I did cave and do the 25 random things about me on Facebook and I am only doing this because 1. Fred and Amy both said my book reviews were boring and they wanted more writing from me and 2. Elisabeth asked and I think she is pretty cool, so I don't want to disappoint her. Here are my six things, in no particular order:
  1. Willow (my chocolate lab). As you can see from the photo, she is a nut. She is always sleeping in very strange positions and providing many opportunities for mirth. More photos of Willow can be found at my husband's blog.

  2. Cooking and eating (does this count as two?). I made beignets this morning from La Bonne Cuisine. My dad gave me this cookbook many years ago and it contains the best quiche recipe EVER. I recently modified the quiche recipe by whipping the egg whites to soft white peaks and then folding in the other ingredients in order to make a taller, more lovely quiche. It worked like a charm. I do love figuring out little things like that. Back to Beignets, they were great. We had them with fresh berries. More on tomorrow's post.
  3. Coming home and walking into the house and realizing that the housekeeper has cleaned the whole house and there is nothing for me to clean. And clean sheets! I love going to sleep on freshly laundered sheets. Am I on 5 now?
  4. Books. I'm a bibliophile. I love reading them (romances and fantasy are my stress relievers, preferably, victorian romances or urban fantasy). I love suggesting new books to my friends, students and faculty. I love hearing about good books. I love discovering a new author (like when I read Charles Dickens was John Irving's fave author and decided to give him one more try (9th grade English class on Great Expectations was disasterous! WOW! David Copperfield Rocks!) Books online make me happy especially, because then I can read AND...
  5. Crochet! Yep. audiobooks are perfect for the crocheter. Crochet makes me so very happy. From my yarn addiction, to making random crocheted flowers to making gifts for my friends, crochet allows me to relax, be creative and chill.
  6. Fred. Saved the best for last. It's hard not to be happy when you have a supportive and loving spouse in your corner no matter what, through size 16 to size 10, from putting myself in the emergency room after the 2000 Disney marathon (which I finished! and am never allowed to do again lol!), Fred is the yardstick by which all my other female single friends measure potential mates.

Here are the rules for this meme:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post six things that make you happy along with these rules.
Then tag no more than six other blog buddies and let them know they are tagged.
Let the person who tagged you know when your entry is complete.
So tag, you are it!

  1. Sharing from Afar
  2. Gisah
  3. Fred
  4. Christy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - You went above and beyond with this 6 things - what a great list. Now I really can't wait to meet you in person. Maybe we can run together (just kidding - you would blow me away -I am a slow jogger. Not a marathoner!)

FredCanDoIt said...

You make me happy, too.