Sunday, February 22, 2009

Set This House in Order: A Romance of Souls Set This House in Order: A Romance of Souls by Matt Ruff


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I have to be honoest and say that this book deals with multiple personality disorders and it is beautifully written. It is realistically written and the pain that the two main characters have to go through, the traumatic events that lead to the splitting of their souls is so wrenching and affecting that I couldn't finish the book. I just couldn't take it. But I will remember this book for a long time. It was recommended by a very good friend (an AP English teacher) who usually reads chick lit and has a very different genre that she gravitates towards. I had recommended Bad Monkeys (another of Ruff's books) and she enjoyed it. Her husband, who does read and enjoy the same books as I do (urband fantasy, sci-fi), loved this book as well. She was sure if she and her husband both loved it, that I would as well.



I do think it is a gorgeous book. But I have gotten to that stage, where I can't go through some painful stories. If you can handle it though, I highly recommend giving this book a try.


View all my reviews.

No comments: