Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thud and the Llama Car

Thud went to the vet's yesterday. I was going to post a photo of him, but I don't have one on this computer or on facebook. I'll remedy that when we get him home! Anyway, he seems to have cardiomyopathy, otherwise known as an enlarged heart. We saw the Xray and it did seem to be very big. The vet has him on medication and is going to give him an EKG tomorrow. He thinks that Thud will be able to go home tomorrow. Thud seemed much improved, tail wagging, walking, his personality was back. Yesterday it was just awful to have him stand there and stare off into nowhere. very scary!

But he's back and vet seems confident that he will be ok. He is a geriatric dog (12 years old and 115 pounds) and there may not be a huge amount of time, but the vet seemed to think that he had some good, comfortable times left. That means so much to us. I just want him home and happy. And if he goes to sleep one night and doesn't wake up, that will be just fine.

AND NOW FOR THE LLAMA CAR

Fred and I bought a Honda Fit at Crown Honda. It's the llama car! As you can see from the photo, you can fit an adult llama into the backseat area. How cool is that? I bet you could fit two alpacas! And if you can fit a llama and some alpacas (separate trips, mind you), can you imagine the yarn creation possibilities? Perhaps Eliot will bring home a llama from Peru for me. Please, Eliot! You know you want to!

I cannot tell you how much I love Crown Honda! Bryan was our no nonsense sales guy and he was fabulous. When do you hear a sales guy say, "buy a handheld navigation, it's cheaper." Then Boris did the deal and was wonderful! He is having it sent out for tinting, and all the rest. Great, just great! But better than that, Kevin was the finance guy and he pulled up Costco's website and showed us the handheld nav system we should buy. I have NEVER had a better experience buying a car. Those guys rock!

Plus the FIT can fit a LLAMA. Damn!

1 comment:

G said...

Cheryl- I have been thinking about getting a Fit since I road in Tio Nene's last summer. You'll have to tell me how you like it when we see you!